BONUS for Patreon supporters: save 50% when buying the sheet music! Get the discount code here @ https://playsongnotes.com/discount
Support me on Patreon and get access to my entire library of (non-song) instructional PDFs, plus get a monthly discount code (50% off) when buying any of my song sheet music. Learn more @ https://playsongnotes.com/join
View my additional notes for this lesson: https://playsongnotes.com/lessons/328/
In this lesson I’ll teach you how to play Neil Young’s classic song “Old Man” from his 1972 album Harvest. From start to finish, I’ll teach you each part of the song: the chord shapes, progressions & timing, strumming patterns, and tabs (both beginner-friendly and advanced) for each section. While this is a tricky song, it’s very much possible to simplify each part to make it more accessible without a ton of practice.
A final note, if the intro is giving you trouble — check out the other video lesson I made, which is a 20 minute deep dive on nailing the strumming of the very difficult first chord.
– 0:00 Lesson overview
– 1:31 Chord shapes needed
– 3:37 Chord progresssions for intro/verse/chorus
– 7:36 Strumming patterns
– 9:05 Deep dive: intro riff
– 18:28 Deep dive: verse riff
– 23:15 Deep dive: chorus riff
– 27:57 Full playthrough w/ lyrics
MORE NEIL YOUNG LESSONS that I’ve made, right here… check’em out!
• Heart of Gold https://playsongnotes.com/lessons/204/
• My My Hey Hey https://playsongnotes.com/lessons/157/
• Harvest Moon https://playsongnotes.com/lessons/92/
• Out on the Weekend https://playsongnotes.com/lessons/28/
If you want to view more of my lessons, visit playsongnotes.com which is my personal collection of lessons, tabs, and notes — all created with care by me (David Potsiadlo).
🎸 Search all my video lessons:
🔖 Browse my library of 200+ PDFs chord sheets:
🙏 Donate to my tip jar: